NovemberDecember 2005

ADA Meeting - December 8, 2005

 

 

Members Present: Amy Bones, Ann Ryan Haddad, Bill Hill, Terri Lynch,

Mark Panning, Wade Pearson, Cathy Pedersen, Lennis Pederson, Betsy Reece, Rich Rossi

 

Unable to Attend: John Baxter, Barb Brock, Whitney Douglas, Barbara Flynn,

Kindra Fox, Andrea Jahn, Georgian Lee, Amy Matthews,

John Pierce, Laura Romito-Cerra

 

Minutes: The October 27, 2005 meeting minutes were approved by

Wade Pearson and seconded by Betsy Reece

 

The Committee reviewed the expenses relating to the October Symposium, it was agreed that the Symposium should be soon scheduled for next October. The January meeting of the Committee will have date selection as an agenda item. Bill Hill will continue contacting Bobbi Cordano about her review comments concerning the video of her presentation at the Symposium. Once received, the video will be completed.

 

Lennis Pederson reported that the second architectural firm solicited for a proposal to study the campus for barriers will tour the campus later in December. With the tour, a proposal is anticipated which will be compared to the already received proposal from another architect.

 

Mark Panning commented that grants to help make technology accessible to all can be pursued. There may be other grants related to architectural barrier removal. Wade Pearson stated he has a publication that lists potential benefactors known to donate at ADA compliant initiatives. Betsy Reece offered to contact Grants Administration about a representative talking to the Committee at the February meeting.

 

The Committee members considered the participation at the Benefits Fair to be a positive experience. There were a few people that expressed a need or a problem with accessibility. Further, there were those that were not aware of the ADA Committee and were pleased to know of itís significance. The Committee wishes to participate at future fairs.

 

Cathy Pedersen volunteered to work with University College regarding adding ADA Awareness as a part of its employee offerings for Fall 2006.

 

Rich Rossi spoke about a desire to have members of the Student Life Policy Committee participating at future ADA Committee meetings. The Student Life Policy Committee is concerned about compliance with ADA especially architectural barrier removal. The ADA Committee is in favor of the participation.

 

Mark Panning volunteered to speak with Mike West about the possibility of Red Dogs playing an exhibition game during halftime of a Creighton game at the Qwest Center. The Committee felt the event would be a positive announcement about the Committee.

 

The meeting adjourned at 10:20 A.M.

 

The next meeting is schedules for January 26, 2006.

 

 

 

Future meeting dates:

February 23, 2006

March 30, 2006

April 27, 2006

May 25, 2006

June 29, 2006

July 27, 2006