11. Women attended Creighton University as early as 1892, when Kate Drake was part of the first class of the College of Medicine. As members of Creighton’s professional schools and University College, women attended many of the same classes as male undergraduates. However, it was not until fall 1951 that women were allowed to enroll in the College of Arts and Sciences. For more on women at Creighton University, visit the The Eileen B. Lieben Center website.
12. In 1904 the School of Law began as a joint project with the Omaha Bar Association, with Timothy J. Mahoney as the first dean. The School of Law was housed in the Edward Creighton Institute on S. 18th Street until 1921, when it moved to new quarters on the Creighton campus.
13. The College of Business began as the College of Commerce, Accounts and Finance in September 1920 with nearly 80 students. Only evening classes were offered until the fall 1924 term.
14. The Creighton School of Dentistry held its first class in October 1905 with 113 students. The school absorbed the Omaha Dental College in 1906.
15. While the history of Creighton University’s nursing program can be traced as far back as the 1920s and 1930s, its beginning as a four-year academic and clinical-based course of study for students dates to 1958.