The team of architects, engineers, and contractors are a vital part in executing the University's vision of sustainability. Read our Sustainability in Construction at Creighton document to find out more.
Highlights of our requirements include:
- Review of the potential for incorporating sustainability measures in buildings during the feasibility phase of planning
- All materials that can be manufactured with an Energy Star rating are required over non-rated products. Creighton is a an Energy Star Partner with the EPA.
- Green Cleaning is the exclusive method of cleaning at the University as of August 1, 2008.
- Evaluating existing buildings for optimum systems efficiency and upgrading with more efficient systems
- Interior and exterior paint products have change to a Low VOC/Green products from Sherwin Williams.
- Reducing paper, plastic and water consumption during daily operations and incorporating recycled materials to the greatest extent possible
More information can be found in our Sustainable Design Process document.