Confused about what can and can't be recycled? Look no further than these handy posters!
What can be recycled?
You can put the following items in your desk-side recycling bin:
- Paper products -- all types, including
- Office paper, copy paper, colored paper
- Cereal boxes, paper packaging, etc.
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Cardboard -- Please break boxes down. Thank you!
- Pizza boxes (no pizza bones!)
- Empty water and pop bottles or cans (lids do not need to be removed)
- Clean plastic containers -- all types
- Metal containers -- all types
- Frozen food trays and plastic carryout containers (These items must be rinsed out)
- Plastic cups, cookie trays, etc.
** Please note that all of these items must be clean and empty.
Need help figuring out what to recycle? Let our recycling experts, Drs. Reese & Ikling, show you in this short, fun video.
Bring your recyclables from home
Do you live in an area without curbside recycling? Or an apartment building or complex that does not recycle? Please feel free to bring your recyclable materials from home and deposit them in any blue recycling bin across campus. Just be sure to follow the guidelines on what can and can not be recycled.
What is trash?
Trash must not be thrown into the recycle bins. Please put the following items in your centrally located trash receptacle:
- Food and liquid
- Chip, gum and candy wrappers (including foil)
- Kleenex, tissue paper or paper towels
- Construction material
- Plastic bags
Thank you to everyone who participates in Recyclemania every spring! We appreciate your help! Below are the results for the past several years.
Total weight (lbs)