Confused about what can and can't be recycled? Look no further than these handy posters!
Recyclemania January 20 - March 30, 2013
Once again, Creighton is competing in the national recycling competition RecycleMania! This is the fourth year that Creighton has participated, and in each previous year Creighton has improved its totals. This year, our goal is to improve by at least 5 percent, which means that Creighton should recycle 105,000 pounds in the official eight-week period ending March 30. Please help reach the goal by being even more vigilant in your recycling!
This year, as in the past, we are in the following categories:
- Per Capita Classic
- White Paper (this is the paper that gets shredded)
- Cardboard (please break down your boxes before putting them in/near the recycling bin)
For more information on the competition, please visit the Recyclemania page.
Creighton is in the Benchmark Division. To see how we're doing, take a look at the scoreboard.
What can be recycled?
You can put the following items in your desk-side recycling bin:
- Paper products -- all types, including
- Office paper, copy paper, colored paper
- Cereal boxes, paper packaging, etc.
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Cardboard -- Please break boxes down. Thank you!
- Pizza boxes (no pizza bones!)
- Empty water and pop bottles or cans (lids do not need to be removed)
- Clean plastic containers -- all types
- Metal containers -- all types
- Frozen food trays and plastic carryout containers (These items must be rinsed out)
- Plastic cups, cookie trays, etc.
** Please note that all of these items must be clean and empty.
Need help figuring out what to recycle? Let our recycling experts, Drs. Reese & Ikling, show you in this short, fun video.
Bring your recyclables from home
Do you live in an area without curbside recycling? Or an apartment building or complex that does not recycle? Please feel free to bring your recyclable materials from home and deposit them in any blue recycling bin across campus. Just be sure to follow the guidelines on what can and can not be recycled.
What is trash?
Trash must not be thrown into the recycle bins. Please put the following items in your centrally located trash receptacle:
- Food and liquid
- Chip, gum and candy wrappers (including foil)
- Kleenex, tissue paper or paper towels
- Construction material
- Plastic bags