Confused about what can and can't be recycled? Look no further than these handy posters!
Single Stream Recycling
The single-stream recycling program is currently operating across campus!
Each desk has only a recycling bin. Trash must be taken to a central location in each department. Custodial services will empty the deskside recycle bin and the centrally located trash receptacle every time they clean. They will not empty any deskside trash receptacles.
What can be recycled?
You can put the following items in your desk-side recycling bin:
- Paper products -- all types, including
- Office paper, copy paper, colored paper
- Cereal boxes, paper packaging, etc.
- Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
- Cardboard -- Please break boxes down. Thank you!
- Pizza boxes (no pizza bones!)
- Empty water and pop bottles or cans (lids do not need to be removed)
- Clean plastic containers -- all types
- Metal containers -- all types
- Frozen food trays and plastic carryout containers (These items must be rinsed out)
- Plastic cups, cookie trays, etc.
** Please note that all of these items must be clean and empty.
What is trash?
Trash must not be thrown into the recycle bins. Please put the following items in your centrally located trash receptacle:
- Food and liquid
- Chip, gum and candy wrappers (including foil)
- Kleenex, tissue paper or paper towels
- Construction material
- Plastic bags