August 21st: One-Stop Shopping in Harper
On Saturday, August 21st, the following departments and services can be found from 9:00am-3:00pm on the 1st & 2nd floors of the Harper Center:
Creighton Federal Credit Union
FitNest and Kiewit Fitness Center
Card Services - get your Creighton ID
US Bank - open an account
Bookstore - purchase books for class
What Should I Bring To Creighton?
Although roommates should discuss with each other “who is bringing what” to their residence hall room, the following are suggestions that the Department of Residence Life has identified as possibilities to consider. Again, the items on this list are merely suggestions of what to bring, and should not be considered absolute necessities.
- Bedding - Two sets of extra long twin sheets—the mattresses are longer than standard (36” x 80”), pillow, two pillowcases, dark-colored comforter (the bed is often used as a couch, dining, or study table and may get dirty). You will not need to worry about finding/bringing a loft because all residence halls will come with two lofts for each room!
- Toiletries - Bath towels, toothbrush holder, plastic soap dish, shower caddy, bathrobe, shower shoes, extra set of glasses and/or contacts.
- Laundry - Laundry basket, detergent, dryer sheets, etc.
- Entertainment - TV with cable cord (cable is provided), small stereo, clock radio (with alarm), surge protector(s) and UL-approved extension cords for all electronic appliances.
- Appliances, etc. – Refrigerator (6.0 cubic feet or smaller), microwave (1.2 cubic feet or smaller), coffee pot, a few pieces of silverware or plastic utensils, plates, cups and bowls, dish towels, dish soap. Leave the hot plates and toasters at home because they are not allowed in the residence halls!
- Communication - Telephone with extra long cord or cordless phone (local service is provided). Many students also now bring a cell phone for mobility and ease or a calling card for keeping in touch.
- Computer - Although it is not a necessity, the majority of our students choose to bring a personal computer with them to college. Computers are also available in each residence hall and in other campus locations for students to use. Students with their own computer will also want to bring an 8-10 foot network cable (available at Radio Shack, Lowe’s, etc.). The campus is wireless so it is also helpful to have a computer with wireless access.
- Furniture - Upholstered chair, loveseat (no full sofas) or futon, erasable message board for room door, a desk or floor lamp (no halogen lamps) for extra lighting for studying. Please do not bring any candles, incense, or any other flame burning device because they are not allowed in the residence halls!
- Clothing - Summer and cold weather apparel– especially if you cannot go home until Christmas Break, hangers, large plastic storage bins are also helpful to store clothing.
- School Supplies - Notebooks, binders, calculator, book bag.
- Small first aid kit - this should include a thermometer (one that a student knows how to use!), pain relievers, adhesive bandages, antiseptic ointment, etc. can all come in handy!
- Storage file - to keep important papers such as health insurance, renter’s insurance, financial aid, bills, registration materials, grades, emergency telephone numbers, banking information, medication, or eyeglass prescriptions, etc.
- Vertical and/or under the bed storage containers - such as milk crates, boxes.
- Small amount of cleaning supplies - windex, 401, air freshener, etc.
- Small fan - All rooms are air conditioned, but we recommend bringing a small fan to use when the air conditioner isn’t running.
NOTE: You have to leave Rover and Fluffy at home, but Flounder can move with you to Creighton (NO PETS are allowed at Creighton, except small fish).