Welcome to Creighton University Card Services! This web site was developed to assist our distance learning students in acquiring an Identification Card.
First step: Download the required forms. All forms are in .pdf format and will require Acrobat Reader.
Second step: Photocopy both sides of your driver's license. This is used as visual proof of your identity.
Third step: Acquire a photograph of yourself for the ID card. We accept passport photographs or digital images.
- Please visit the State Department's website for exact specifications and examples.
- Passport photographs can be black and white or color; must be two-inches by two-inches in overall size with a head image (height) between 1 and 1 3/8-inch; must be frontal, portrait-type view without dark glasses or a hat. The background should be white or off-white. Here is a PDF from the State Department website.
- Digital images must be .JPG files. The image should meet the dimensions and format above and be saved at 300 dpi. If using a digital camera, 72 dpi is acceptable if all other qualifications are met and the image is at least 600x600 pixels. It can be emailed to Card Services or sent with your application on digital media. We will crop the image to fit the ID card.
- Send the native file
- Do not send it as part of a MS Word document.
- DO NOT MODIFY THE IMAGE to fit the above specifications! If the photo does not meet the above criteria, CHOOSE A DIFFERENT ONE.
- For tips on capturing proper images, view these PDFs regarding Composition and Quality. Images which do not meet the requirements will delay your application!
Fourth step: Mail the completed application, terms and conditions agreement form, copy of driver's license, and photograph to Creighton University, Card Services - Distance Learning, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178. If any item is missing, your request will not be completed.