The Internal Audit Department is committed to providing timely, accurate and meaningful information to assist management in its stewardship to educate, inspire and serve its constituency in accordance with the mission of Creighton University.
The Department shall endeavor to provide information to management at an acceptable cost and shall design its service plan and strategy:
- To protect Creighton University's assets and interests, thereby effectively managing risk;
- To ascertain the adequacy and effectiveness of the University's system of internal control;
- To address and promote organizational objectives;
- To assist management in the effective utilization of resources and the implementation of change;
- To function as a catalyst in the solutions process; and
- To add measurable value.