Office for Academic Excellence and Assessment
The Office for Academic Excellence and Assessment (AEA) provides ongoing support and resources to enhance teacher effectiveness and student learning. To that end, the Office:
- Helps focus faculty and institutional attention on enhancing and assessing student learning;
- Develops, promotes, and evaluates programs directed to enhancing teaching, student learning, and assessment of student learning at all levels of the learning process (i.e., class, program, college/school, and institution);
- Provides teaching, learning, and assessment workshops and consultation to individuals and groups, both in general and at the request of individuals, departments, and schools / colleges.
- Manages an interdisciplinary team of AEA Associates to provide programming, consultation, and outreach.
- Collaborates with other teaching and learning support offices on campus including the (vCTE) Virtual Center for Teaching Excellence, (CeLAI) Center for eLearning and Academic Technologies, the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions' (SPAHP) SPAHP's Faculty Development and Assessment, and the School of Medicine's Office of Medical Education; School of Nursing; and
- In addition, this office manages
Located in Brandeis 111, AEA is open for drop-in questions or to browse current teaching, learning, and assessment books and journals. After being displayed in the office for a short time, those books are made available through Reinert Alumni Library. Search for "Academic Excellence and Assessment Collection" online to browse the available titles or click here to go there directly.
For inquiries about faculty development programming, contact Michele King at x3036.
To learn more about assessment, course design, student learning processes, effective teaching methods, or how you can be a part of the AEA, contact Mary Ann Danielson at x2535.