Access online application packet.
Log into application with NetID and Blue password.
A complete application packet will include: (Application font and type size are present.)
1. Nomination letter summarizing the nominee's distinguished educator qualifications.
(Maximum 9600 characters.)
2. Personal Statement detailing one's teaching philosophy and how it has resulted in a body of work that is
recognized and acknowledged.
(Maximum 24,000 characters. Note: One's curriculum vitae is not considered a personal statement.)
To accomplish this, the personal statement should include specifics in the form of narrative reflections and, as appropriate, supplemental materials regarding:
3. Contributions to Teaching--An active and consistent contribution to the instruction of his/her own discipline
and/or interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary instruction.
(Complete all relevant sections. Must complete at least one section. Each section maximum 6000 characters.)
4. Teaching as Scholarly Research--A consistent and active involvement as an educator scholar in one's
discipline resulting in a body of work as evidenced by: (Complete all relevant sections.
Must complete at least one section. Each section maximum of 6000 characters.)
5. Letters of Support [Up to Three] can provide evidence on how the nominee's body of work has impacted
teaching and learning in his/her discipline and other related disciplines, or the lay public and other stakeholders.
(PDF files only.)
The application is considered "open" for edits/changes until the December 2, 2016 by 10:00 a.m. application deadline. Save the application following initial application information and following any edits/changes.
PDF of Instructions for Completing Nomination for Distinguished Educator in Teaching as Scholarship Award