Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership (NWHEL)
2014 Conference Information
Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership (NWHEL) conference takes place on Friday, September 19, 2014, at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. The theme of the 2014 conference is "Citizen Leadership."
Conference schedule, program and registration information to be posted May, 2014. For questions regarding registration, contact Michele King at 402.280.3036.
NWHEL is an affinity group of the ACE Women's Network, a project of the Inclusive Excellence Group of the American Council on Education. The mission of NWHEL is to advance women's careers and leadership in Nebraska higher education. NWHEL is committed to fostering diversity in higher education leadership with regard to race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and/or disability. NWHEL strives to improve the status of women working in Nebraska's colleges and universities.
Call for 2014 Conference Proposals is now open
Proposals for panel discussions, individual speakers, interactive workshops, and posters related to preparing for citizen leadership, engagement with the community, and current policy issues of which leaders should be knowledgeable are encouraged.
Proposals must be received by Monday, March 3, 2014 to receive full consideration.
Email proposals to President Kate Joeckel (use subject line "NWHEL Proposal").
Proposals should be submitted as Word documents or .pdfs and must contain the following information:
- TYPE of presentation (poster, panel presentation, single speaker, interactive workshop)
- ABSTRACT of presentation (50 word maximum; will be used in conference materials)
- OBJECTIVES (what will participants learn or be abe to do as a result of the presentation?)
- TARGET AUDIENCE (faculty, graduate students, administration, professonal staff)
- Full names, titles, and institutional affiliations of all presenters