About Creighton University
Creighton University is a Jesuit, Catholic University challenged to improve the world and leave it a better place. We nurture, embrace, challenge, and cultivate the leaders of tomorrow. We provide a unique college experience--an ideal size campus. With 4,000 undergraduate and 2,800 graduate and professional students, Creighton offers a complex and sophisticated educational experience at a more personalized level. We offer a curriculum and facilities that are typically found at colleges with enrollments above 12,000.
We provide intellectual challenge, provoke critical thinking, inspire leadership and champion service to others. Graduates of Creighton have the freedom to do things right and the conscience and commitment to do the right things. With more than 50 majors in the undergraduate divisions of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration and the School of Nursing, plus six prestigious professional schools: medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, physical therapy and occupational therapy, the opportunities are limitless.
About Creighton University [download PDF]
- Founded: 1878
- Location: Omaha, Nebraska (pop. 800,000 metro area) on a 120-acre campus adjacent to the downtown business district.
- Affiliation: Private, Jesuit Catholic University (one of 28 Jesuit universities in the U.S.)
- Total Enrollment: More than 6,800 students of diverse faiths and races from across the United States and more than 40 countries (4,000 undergraduate and 2,800 graduate/professional students).
- Academic Programs: Over 50 undergraduate and over 20 graduate programs.
- Clubs/Organizations: Over 180
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11 : 1 (724 full-time faculty members)
- Average Class Size: 24 students
We're #1 Again!
- Creighton is one of 28 Jesuit universities in the U.S. devoted to educating the whole person, with a spirit of service and leadership, academic excellence and community.
- US News & World Report consistently ranks Creighton as the number one Master's University in the Midwest in their “America’s Best Colleges” edition...a category we are in because of the high number of professionals we educate in our Arts & Sciences, Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Law, and Business programs.
- The freshman academic profile places Creighton among the top six private universities in the Midwest with more than 4,000 students. Only the University of Notre Dame, Northwestern University, University of Chicago, and Washington University in St. Louis rank higher. Creighton’s profile also places it in the top 10 Catholic universities in the country.
- The College of Business Administration is ranked in the top one-third of nationally-accredited business schools by the AACSB. The accounting program is one of only 169 AACSB accredited accounting programs. Within AACSB, the college has been recognized for its initiatives in e-commerce and leadership.
- Nearly 60 percent of College of Arts & Sciences graduates gain enrollment in a top-level graduate or professional school, making Creighton’s acceptances among the highest in the nation. About 40 percent accept full-time positions in business, teaching or volunteer work.
- Creighton ranks in the top five “Top Wired Colleges” in the nation for our cutting-edge technology and wireless capabilities.