Scholarships and Fellowships
Prestigious fellowships and scholarship, like the Rhodes or Fulbright Scholarships, are available for graduate school. There are also scholarships available for undergraduate education. Not only are students expected to have high GPA's but also an impressive portfolio of leadership experiences, among other things. The key to winning such a scholarship is:
- Learning about the scholarship early and preparing for it.
- Giving yourself enough time to complete a rather long application with the help of a professor or an advisor.
Creighton University's resource page for National and International Scholarships and Fellowships: http://www2.creighton.edu/soar/
- Includes tips on preparing applications, reference letters, personal statements, research proposals, and other useful links.
- American-Scandinavian Foundation
- Davies-Jackson Scholarship
- Fulbright Grants
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation International Scholarships
- George J. Mitchell Scholarships
- The National Hispanic Scholarship Foundation
- Hispanic College Fund Scholarships
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- United Negro College Fund Scholarships
- National Science Foundation Fellowships
- Hertz Fellowships
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellowships
Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarships:
- The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship (Science and Math)
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship (Government or Public Service)
Scholarship Search Resources: