NEXUS is a collaborative internship effort administered by the Creighton Career Center. NEXUS (Latin for "Connection") is designed to expose students to non-profit careers in the Omaha community.
- The internship could be completed in the summer, during an academic year or during an academic semester.
- The Creighton Career Center will work with the Non-Profit Agencies to establish substantive paid internships that could also count as academic credit should the student choose to pursue that option as well. This would clearly be the decision of the academic department with which the student is associated.
- A formal job description detailing the duties, responsibilities and qualifications necessary will need to be provided to the Career Center.
- Job descriptions will be advertised through Jobs4Jays, the online job listing site for Creighton students.
- Qualified students will need to be registered in Jobs4Jays with an updated resume and will have to competitively apply for these internships online.
- The agency will interview their chosen candidates and make an offer in much the same way they would for an internship not associated with the NEXUS program.
- Site visits to the agency will be made by one or more Career Center staff members during the time the student is working in the internship. This site visit will be made at such time that the intern and their direct supervisor will be available.
- Agencies will not automatically be considered for intern placement each of those years; in fact, it is likely that several new agencies will be a part of the program each year.
NEXUS was conceived and created by the staff of the Creighton Career Center as a way to provide Creighton students internships in the non-profit sector.
For questions or interest in the NEXUS internship program, please contact Jim Bretl at (402) 280-3060 or email@example.com.