Questions to Ask Employers
About the company:
- Where does the company expect a new employee to begin?
- What kind of entry-level positions exist within your company?
- What are the career opportunities with the organization?
- Does the company have a 'promote from within' policy?
- How many employees does your company have?
- What are the specific responsibilities of the typical entry level job?
- What qualifications, education, abilities, and interests are considered necessary to do the job?
- Does the company provide opportunities to gain broad professional experience and advanced degrees?
- What advanced degrees or specialized education does the company consider important for my future progress?
- Does the job require travel, and if so, how much?
- Does your organization offer internships?
- Does your organization offer part time or summer jobs?
- What do you recommend Arts & Science majors to do or study to improve career opportunities in business?
About the recruiter:
- How long have you been with the company?
- What does your job in the company involve?
- What do you like best about your job or your company?
- What do you like least about your job or your company?
About the application procedure:
- How do I apply?
- How long is the hiring process for an individual hire?
- What is the name of the person that one should contact?
- Is there additional material one can read about your organization?