Application and Deadlines
1. Complete and submit the "CIC Participant Information Form" online (due by January 31, 2011).
2. Complete the "FLPA Application." This application has three parts (all due by January 31, 2011):
- the FLPA Online Application (submitted online)
- the Student Acknowledgment Form (print out and submit to the Office of International Programs - Harper Center, Suite 4036)
- the Parent/Guardian Acknowledgment Form (print out and submit to the Office of International Programs - Harper Center, Suite 4036)
3. Payment Deadline: Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is due by February 5, 2011, to Dr. Jinmei Yuan (see contact information). This deposit counts towards the overall cost of the the trip and is used to reserve you a spot.
4. Airline ticket reservations and visa applications will be completed (as a group) by February 20, 2011. We will give you more details on both the airline tickets and the visa application later.
5. Complete the packet of "FLPA Forms" (given to you at the OIP when you hand in the acknowledgment forms mentioned above). You will submit all "FLPA Forms" to the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office: Creighton Hall, Room 240 (due by March 1, 2011):
Required Forms & Documentation:
- Copy of Signed Passport (the pages with your picture and signature)
- Assumption of Risk & Release Waiver
- Health Disclosure Form
- Medical Approval Form (must be completed and signed by a physician so please schedule an appointment with CU Student Health or another healthcare provider as soon as possible!)
- Copy of Immunization History (available from your current physician or Creighton Student Health)
- Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment
- Flight Information Form (we will help you make flight arrangements)
- Copy of Flight Itinerary (print a copy of your complete flight itinerary once we book the group flight)
- Travel Insurance Enrollment Form
6. Payment Deadline: First Payment of $1,000 (made payable to "Creighton University" and given to Dr. Jinmei Yuan) (due by March 1, 2011).
7. Payment Deadline: Second Payment of $1,000 (made payable to "Creighton University" and given to Dr. Jinmei Yuan) (due by April 1, 2011).
8. Check our FAQ section for information about Chinese visas, passports, etc.