Application Deadline is March 1st
Steps to Apply to the Program
1. Contact the Director by email. (see contact information below).
2. Send an official copy of transcripts to the Director. (see address below), or schedule a meeting with her.
3. The Director will do an analysis of your transcripts to determine if you will be required to take additional course work prior to beginning the program.
4. The Director will also check your undergraduate cumulative GPA to see if it is acceptable. (target is 3.0 with 2.5 or higher will be considered.)
5. The Director will send the transcript analysis to you by e-mail and schedule an on campus interview.
6. Complete and submit the applications to the Department and Graduate School.
7. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified in writing of the decision of the Graduate School and the Education Department
Transcript Analysis Policy
Graduate and transfer student transcripts are analyzed by Education Department personnel in order to determine whether or not a student has satisfied Creighton University and NE State Department of Education requirements. Courses with grades of D or F will not be accepted for credit or for satisfaction of pre-requisite program requirements.
1. Transcripts for course work completed since the transcript analysis.
2. Notarized felony convictions and mental capacity statement.
3. PPST scores www.ets.org/praxis
4. Graduate School online application
5. Application fee
6. Three letters of recommendation.
7. Background Check - All prospective students are expected to successfully pass a background check before being admitted to the department.
CONTACT: Lynn E. Olson, Ph.D., Director of Elementary Education, Education Department, Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178 (402) 280-2554 or firstname.lastname@example.org