Incoming Freshmen who meet the following criterion will be invited to apply:
- Academic Achievement (High School GPA of at least 3.7)
- ACT Composite Score of at least 29 (SAT Score of 1290 excluding the writing score)
If you are interested in being considered for admission to the Honors Program, you will be asked to provide the following materials online:
- Demonstrated Interest in the Program
- Completed Honors Program Application
Application for Current Freshman
Current freshman who want to be considered for the honors program should provide the following materials to the Honors Director before February 20 (spring term, freshman year):
- Demonstrated interest in the program
- Current resume and GPA. Please include a transcript (an unofficial one will do).
- Two 500-word essays:
- Describe a moment that forced you to change your opinion about an issue or person.
- Please familiarize yourself with the Mission, curriculum and other aspects of the Honors Program. Discuss the contributions you can make to the Honors Program. In your opinion, what is the purpose of the Honors Program?
These two essays are your best chance to let us know who you are. Therefore, choose your ideas judiciously, organize them effectively, and make sure we hear your unique voice in your responses. Do not compose an essay that any bright and motivated student could have written, but an essay that reveals something important about yourself.
- One recommendation letter
Please do not try to access the online application form. The Admissions Office reserves that application for current high school students.
Students who pass the written application stage will be invited for an interview.
Interested students should note that admission is highly competitive. Eligibility to apply, which is based on achieving the stated grade point average and test scores, assures only consideration and not acceptance to the Honors Program.