60 Second Lecture Series
The Honors Program Student Advisory Board is proud to present the 2013 "60 Second Lecture Series." Six professors will join students for a discussion of the fundamental element of lifeówater.
Each of the guest professors will have only 60 seconds to lecture on the topic. Afterwards, the professors will join the students in attendance for roundtable discussions of their lectures on water.
This year's 60 Second Lecture Series is scheduled for:
Thursday, November 14
From antiquity to the present, water has been prevalent as a symbol in literature, a motif in art and a topic of debate in the geo-political sphere. These are among the topics the professors and students will discuss:
- Dr. Leonard Greenspoon ~ The Symbolism of Water in Antiquity
- Dr. William Stephens ~ Is Everything Made of Water?
- Dr. John Schalles ~ The Aftermath of Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Dr. Erin Gross ~ The Chemistry of Water
- Dr. Scott Hendrickson ~ Water, Politics & The Law
- Fr. Renzo Rosales ~ Water: Sacramental Symbol, Human Right
Response to Global Crisis
October 4, 2011
The Revolt in the Middle-East
March 28, 2011
Fact vs. Fiction
February 17, 2011
February 3, 2011
Media in American Politics
November 1, 2010
Click here to see the faculty presentations.
Haiti: A Nation in Crisis
February 15, 2010,
To see the presentations from this event click the title link above.
Health Care Reform: Beyond the Rhetoric
September 21, 2009