New to Beginning or Intermediate Spanish? Read this!
I. The HLRC recommends that you...
- Practice grammar with "Spanish Partner", available only in the HLRC lab. On the desktop, open folder "Programs on this computer", find "DOS Box" [programs are listed alphabetically]. Read the instructions (in Word format) first. You will be able to 'mount' an older DOS drive within Windows XP. Once you have 'Spanish' Partner running, navigate with Arrow key to select, Enter key to choose, and ESC key to exit a menu.
- Explore exercises written by Creighton's Modern Languages and Literatures faculty (see II. Exercises below)
- Practice listening skills with transcribed dialogues (Spanish/English) produced by Carnegie Mellon Univ. Access only to on-campus.
- Explore exercises written by other teachers of Spanish (see III. Exercises)
- More study tools are available in the HLRC. See the list here "HLRC Study Tools", then click on "Spanish".
II. Exercises produced by Modern Languages and Literatures faculty
- Spanish Audio & Video Online (SAVO) Listen to the numbers read by native Spanish speaker, practice typical classroom questions and answers, watch Superman!.
- Spanish Practice Online (SPO) Spanish grammar exercises. Practice spelling numbers, double-object pronouns, or drill verb formss in the preterite forms.
- 8 min. tutorial for the Subjunctive (noun-clauses); WMP format
- El cuerpo I (Shockwave)
- El cuerpo II (Shockwave)
- Juanita's Weekend (activities during the day) (Shockwave Version 5! very old) Please wait until the program is downloaded completely to hear all the audio)
III. Exercises produced by other teachers
- Spanish Pronunciation with linguistic explanations (U of Iowa) [clcik on top right corner of webpage] Excellent, with Flash audio and animation, and Quicktime video.
- LanguageGuide.ORG Huge collection of images with audio.
- Shambles.Net: Here is a quality site for all kinds of links to learning Spanish online; e.g. European Framework Assessment, Studylinks, Literature read by Authors, ...
- Spanish Flash-cards. Uses Flash 6. Basic right/wrong feedback.
- Spanish Language & Culture SLC PLUS a few very good links, including "Ojalá que llueva café". [BKNelson at Colby.edu] (Self-correcting)
- Music for the Spanish Classroom by Karl Fisher. An anthology of Spanish and Latin American Music, has corresponding grammar exercises with self-correction. (Self-correcting)
- Conjugation practice with ConJuguemos, By Alejandro Yegros.
- NEW ==> Conjugation of Verbs, Spanish Dial-A-Verb.
- Más arriba (©2002 by Gary Aitken) is an electronic workbook of introductory Spanish language exercises, based on visual association. This site links to a few more excellent interactive learning sites!(Self-correcting)
- GrammarLab Drills Menu (Self-correcting) [Sweet Briar College]
- Spanish Language Exercises (Self-correcting) [Ursinus College]
- Spanish for Travellers [commercial site]
- StudySpanish.com has a free on-line tutorial [Commercial site]
- The Conjugation Trainer has drill exercises for verb conjugation.
- Spanish Self-Test can assist you in assessing some of your Spanish skills. [Commercial site]
Bookmarks of general interest:
(Recent links are on top of this list)
Materiales by Spanish Education Ministery (Resource for Teachers)
Cultural interviews with Latinamerican and Spanish Executives (O. Kelm)
HispaVista El Tiempo Weather Info
The Human Languae Pages (via www.june29.com)
City-Net all countries
Bienvenido a Chile
Centro Informatico de Andalucia
Colombia - Home Page
EUnet Spain -- Pagina de entrada
Centre de Computacio i Comunicacions de Catalunya
Gramatica del Espanol
Links to Argentina
Pais Vasco: Sumario
Universidad del Pais Vasco
Servidor WWW de la Universitat de Valencia
Spanish for Travellers
Small Spanish-to-English Dictionary
Subway system of Barcelona (Spain)
Tecla desde Birkbeck College
Tecla - Texts for learners and teachers of Spanish
Universidad de Oviedo - Home Page
Universitat de Barcelona
Web Spanish Lessons
Welcome Universidad de Navarra, Spain
World-Wide Web Servers (Spain)
World-Wide Web servers: Costa Rica
WWW del PERU - Red Cientifica Peruana
Red Educativa Uruguaya
Universidad de las Americas-Puebla
Early Editions of Don Quijote