Placement Exam Info
Placement Exam for French, German and Spanish
The placement exam is intended for all students that wish to continue their
study of French, German, or Spanish at Creighton University after completing
at least one year in High school.
- The placement exam is an Internet based, adaptive test that students can take anywhere that they have access to the internet. No special software or downloads are needed.
- Students will only be allowed to take the placement exam once.
- After the student takes the exam, the student and their advisor will be notified of the placement recommendation via their Creighton email account.
- The placement recommendation may be for any level from 101 to 311. In spite of possible advanced placement by the student, the exam will NOT be used as a test-out exam. To test out of the requirement students will still need to take the French, German, or Spanish competency exam as in the past.
- They may contact the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures (ext.2508) for instructions.
- This placement exam is only for FRENCH, GERMAN, or SPANISH. If a student has questions about placement into another language, please consult the instructor of the course.
Step 1: Request the log-on information for the placement exam.
Step 2: After receiving via the log-on information via their Creighton
email, the student can take the placement exam. The exam will last anywhere
from 10-20 minutes depending on your level and experiences.
Step 3: Dr. Jose Miguel Lemus will notify students of their placement
recommendation via the Creighton email account.
If there are any questions about the exam, scoring, or placement, please
contact Dr. Jose Miguel Lemus by email JoseMiguelLemus@creighton.edu or by phone at 402-280-2765.