Social Work majors must complete a multi-step process to become accepted majors. These steps must be completed prior to registering for your junior year fall semester courses: Social Work 345 and 346 - Pre-Practicum.
The process is outlined here. If you have questions, please ask Angela Batson who is the Office Coordinator for the program.
- Declare "Social Work" as your major through the College of Arts and Sciences. This is only a declaration and does not indicate acceptance into the program.
- Next, you will be added to the BlueLine course "Social Work Admissions."
- Complete the "Program Application."
- Complete the "Admission Essay."
- Complete the "Admission to Social Work Assessment."
- Three Letters of Reference -- Send this form to three people who can attest to your skills and ability to be a social worker. Each letter should be sent DIRECTLY to Angela Batson via email only from your referee. Students should not be collecting references first and then sending them to Angela.
- Read and complete the assessment of the Student Handbook and Field Practicum Manual.
- Complete the "Admission Advancement and Termination Policy" form.
- When all of these steps have been successfully completed, Dr. Harris will notify you of your acceptance to the program.