Admission to the MA in Theology with Teaching Certification:
Application Deadline: February 1
- Earned Bachelor's degree with 3.2 cumulative grade point average
- 9 credit hours of Theology
- Passing scores on the PPST (Praxis I teacher exam)
- Completed Graduate School application form and application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Three recommendations (there is an electronic recommendation feature on the online application or form can be found here)
- Two writing samples - "Why I want to teach" and "Experiences with school age children and young adults"
- Mental capacity/felony conviction form signed and notarized
- On campus interview
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - at least 500 on the Verbal section of the exam. Applicants can be admitted on probationary status for GRE scores from 450-499. Probationary status means that the student must receive a B in the first three courses that the student takes in the program to remain in the program. We accept scores from the past 10 years.
- All students whose native language is not English must demonstrate competence in English with a score of 80 on the computer-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or 550 on the paper-based test at the graduate level. Decisions on admission to the M.A. in Theology program are not made until TOEFL scores have been submitted.
- No transfer credits in Theology will be accepted in this program
Last Updated: August 28, 2009