A psycho educational evaluation is a formal diagnostic assessment by a psychologist or under the supervision of a psychologist. The purpose of this assessment is identification of a learning disorder and/or ADHD. Tests used measure cognitive functions. There is a $200 fee for an ADHD assessment and a $400 fee for the diagnostic learning assessment and it will be billed to your tuition statement. If a diagnosis should be made, the psychologist will determine if the nature of the learning disorder qualifies the student for reasonable accommodations under the American Disabilities Act.
If a disability is diagnosed after psychoeducational evaluation, a psychological report and comprehensive documentation will be prepared and released to Creighton Universityís Office of Disability, with the studentís express written permission. This process enables the s student the use of reasonable academic accommodations within the University only.
If you experience any of the following, you may want to consider an evaluation.
What do I do if I think I have ADHD / ADD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder/ Attention Deficit Disorder)?
Students with concerns about attention disorder, ADHD:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is found in children, and a percentage of these children continue to manifest symptoms as adults. The Center for Health and Counseling can provide evaluation and management for students with attention issues.
Accurate diagnosis is important because the medications used for this disorder are often controlled substances. The following steps are required for students without previously diagnosed attentions problems.
1. Call 402-280-2735 to schedule an appointment with counseling services for a psychological evaluation.
2. Diagnostic testing will be done. The fee for this testing is $200.
3. If ADHD is diagnosed, exam by medical provider, which may include labs and EKG, will be needed.
4. An appointment with a medical provider will need to be scheduled every 3 months.
How do I get a refill for my ADHD medication?
Student previously diagnosed with ADHD:
1. A copy of previous records with diagnostic testing needs to be sent to counseling services, to the attention of Dr. Rebecka Tompkins. Fax: 402-280-1859.
2. If documentation is sufficient, Counseling Services will forward a recommendation to Health Services.
3. If re-evaluation is needed, the student will be notified to schedule an appointment with Counseling Services at 402-280-2735. The fee for re-evaluation is $200. Results of the evaluation will be forwarded to Health Services.
4. Exam by medical provider, which may include labs and EKG, will be needed.
5. An appointment with a medical provider will be needed every 3 months.
Completion of psychological evaluation and receipt of previous diagnostic records are required for transfer of your care for ADHD to the Center for Health and Counseling.
If you would like to be evaluated for ADD or ADHD. Complete the Academic Packet and return to Counseling Services in the Harper Center, room 1034 and make an appointment to meet with Dr. Rebecka Tompkins, the Academic Success Counselor.