Creighton University Health Insurance Requirements
To ensure the studentís academic success, Creighton University requires that all full-time students (Undergraduate = 12 credits/semester; Graduate = 9 credits/semester) be covered by a comprehensive health insurance plan* for the entire academic year. Creighton University Health Insurance requirements can also be found in the Creighton University Student Handbook.
- New and returning students are auto-enrolled in the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan.
- If a student already has a comprehensive insurance plan, he/she must waive the coverage. (link)
- The on-line waiver process begins each July 1st and continues through the deadline of September 1st.
- The premium for the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan will remain on the studentís account unless the waiver process (hyperlink) is completed before the deadline.
- When Student Health Services becomes aware of a lapse in the studentís insurance coverage, the student will be automatically enrollment in the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan (make hyperlink to insurance page) and the tuition statement will reflect a charge for the entire premium.
- This information is required on an annual basis.
*A comprehensive health insurance plan must include the following requirement:
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient medical care within the Omaha area (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement)
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient mental healthcare within the Omaha area. (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement)
- Coverage is currently active and maintained for the entire academic year and summer.
- Offers an unlimited lifetime maximum.