Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)

Counseling Services

Creighton University
Harper 1034, Ground floor
Omaha, Nebraska 68178
Phone: (402) 280-2735

8:00-4:30 Monday
10:00-6:30 Tuesday
8:00-6:30 Wednesday
8:00-4:30 Thursday - Friday

Attention Deficit Disorder

What do I do if I think I have ADHD / ADD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder/ Attention Deficit Disorder)?

Students with concerns about attention disorder, ADHD:

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is found in children, and a percentage of these children continue to manifest symptoms as adults. The Center for Health and Counseling can provide evaluation and management for students with attention issues.

Accurate diagnosis is important because the medications used for this disorder are often controlled substances. The following steps are required for students without previously diagnosed attentions problems.
1.  Call 402-280-2735 to schedule an appointment with counseling services for a psychological evaluation.
2. Diagnostic testing will be done. The fee for this testing is $200.
3. If ADHD is diagnosed, exam by medical provider, which may include labs and EKG, will be needed.
4. An appointment with a medical provider will need to be scheduled every 3 months.

How do I get a refill for my ADHD medication?

Student previously diagnosed with ADHD:
1. A copy of previous records with diagnostic testing needs to be sent to counseling services, to the attention of Dr. Rebecka Tompkins. Fax: 402-280-1859.
2. If documentation is sufficient, Counseling Services will forward a recommendation to Health Services.
3. If re-evaluation is needed, the student will be notified to schedule an appointment with Counseling Services at 402-280-2735. The fee for re-evaluation is $200. Results of the evaluation will be forwarded to Health Services.
4. Exam by medical provider, which may include labs and EKG, will be needed.
5. An appointment with a medical provider may be needed every 3 months.

Completion of psychological evaluation and receipt of previous diagnostic records are required for transfer of your care for ADHD to the Center for Health and Counseling.


  • Driven to Distraction (Hallowell & Ratey)
  • Succeeding in College With Attention Deficit Disorder (Bramer)