NAEYC For Families:
- Great articles for families - http://families.naeyc.org/
Learning through play:
- Early Childhood News "Learning Through Play" http://www.earlychildhoodnews.com/earlychildhood/article_view.aspx?ArticleID=591
- Journal of Instrutional Psychology "The Pursuit of Play within the Curriculum"
- Early Childhood Education Journal "Shaping the Learning Environment: Connecting Developmentally Appropriate Practices to Brain Research"
Tips to help your child sleep:
Other Local and National Resources:
· Boys Town Pediatrics (Free) Seminars frequently offered on various parenting topics (http://www.boystownpediatrics.org)
· American Academy of Pediatrics (http://www.aap.org) - for health questions and many other parenting issues
· Educational Service Unit #3 - for books, videos and trainings on early childhood and beyond (http://www2.esu3.org/esu3 or 402-597-4800)
· Zero to Three - non-profit that trains and supports educators, policymakers and parents to improve the lives of infants and toddlers (http://www.zerotothree.org)
· National Association for the Education of Young Children - accrediting body for childcare centers that helps verify high quality. Provides a list of accredited centers in your area at http://www.naeyc.org.
· Nebraska Parent Information and Resource Center - The PIRC project exists to support parents and educators in partnering together to support students' learning. The site has several valuable parenting resources. http://www.nebraskapirc.org/