We are grateful to the many community partners -- near and far -- who help form Creighton students to become "men and women for and with others." Many diverse communities partner with Creighton to help form world citizens of conscience and compassion.
Creighton Partnership Guidelines include:
- All levels of education
- Catholic community
- Health care initiatives and relationships
- Diverse communities
- Outreach to the underserved
- University government and civic concerns
Outreach at Creighton takes many forms including:
- Professional Education – more commonly called “field education/clinicals is skill-based with emphasis on the students’ professional development.
- Service-Learning – is a form of experiential education where learning occurs through a cycle of action and reflection as students work with others through a process of applying what they are learning to community problems and, at the same time, reflecting upon their experience as they seek to achieve real objectives for the community and deeper understanding and skills for themselves.
- Community Service – enables members of the Creighton community to carry out the Jesuit mission of service for and with others through a variety of volunteer opportunities ranging from one-time projects to commitments involving significant time. Many areas of Creighton University engage in community service including Residence Life, Athletics, Alumni Relations, Staff Advisory Council, the Creighton Center for Service and Justice, Greek organizations, other student organizations, etc.
- Faculty/Staff Outreach – describes the many presentations and time devoted to service on boards, commissions, and committees that faculty and staff give to the community – locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Community Resources – the University provides venues for the community including educational and athletic events.