Faculty Feedback program is now 100% electronic!
The new format creates the following advantages for faculty:
1. More user-friendly: The new system is easy to access and simple to execute. Just check the concern and hit “Submit”.
2. More complete listing: Faculty can access the names of ALL their students via the NEST. In the paper version of Faculty Feedback, only names of freshmen and sophomores were listed.
3. Available throughout the semester: Faculty can now submit concerns regarding students throughout the entire semester. Previously, the Faculty Feedback sheet could be submitted just once per term.
4. No paper! Each Faculty Feedback campus mailing required at least 1.5 reams of paper and over 300 envelopes. All communication is now electronic.
5. Faster communication: The electronic version is faster since all communication is fully automated. Once a concern is submitted, a friendly and helpful e-mail is immediately sent to the student. The student is encouraged to meet with the professor and to take advantage of appropriate campus resources. The advisor is informed of the concern in the event that he/she wants to try and be of assistance. An email is not sent if an instructor requests to be called by Mary Higgins.
6. Confidentiality: With electronic transmission, professors do not have sheets of paper with student names and NET ID’s visible on desks or in mailboxes.
Please review the FAQ’s below. If you have additional questions, please contact Mary Higgins, Assistant Vice President for Student Retention at 280-1212.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Where do I find the Faculty Feedback link on the NEST menu?
A: The process is accessed from Faculty and Advisors menu, final item on the menu.
Q: How do I get started?
A: Click on the Faculty Feedback link and the Select CRN screen will display a list of courses for which you are the primary instructor. Select a course.
Q: How is the Feedback screen used?
A: The Feedback screen shows the students registered for the course for the current term, only. Add feedback for one or more students in the class and click SUBMIT. You may select the course again at any time during the term to add feedback for another student. You may also modify the feedback for a student by un-checking concerns that no longer pertain and checking new concerns.
Q: Once I have chosen a course, the Feedback link continues to display students for that course. How do I select a different course?
A: To choose another course for feedback, choose CRN Selection from the Faculty and Advisors menu, or select the CRN Selection link at the bottom of the Faculty Feedback page.
Q: What does the Retention Office suggest as a guideline for indicating a concern?
A: Performance below the "C" level.
Q: How do I indicate that I have no concerns at this time?
A: At the bottom of the class list there is a box that you can check "Waive Concerns for this Course". Please check this box as evidence that you have reviewed your class list and do not have any concerns to report.