Checklist for Withdrawing/Transferring from CU
1. Withdrawal/Cancellation Form
- If withdrawing during the semester, go to the Dean’s office in person and complete the “Withdrawal/Cancellation” form.
- If withdrawing between semesters (whether you have registered for classes next semester or not) notify the Dean’s office of your plans by completing the “Withdrawal/Cancellation” form in person OR notify the Dean’s office via e-mail.
2. Financial Aid
- The Financial Aid Office will be notified of your withdrawal when you complete the “Withdrawal/Cancellation” form in the Dean’s office. Adjustments to your account will be made upon receipt of the form.
NOTE: If you received need-based financial aid at the beginning of the semester and you are withdrawing during the semester, you may need to pay back some or all of the amount received. To determine the specific details regarding your situation contact the Business Office at 280-2707 or go in person to the office located on first floor of Creighton Hall.
- If transferring, you need to request that your CU transcript be sent to your new school. For current students, this is most easily done through an on-line request form available through your NEST account. You can also make the request in person at the Registrar’s Office, on 2nd floor of Creighton Hall or send a written or faxed request to the Registrar’s Office (FAX # 402-280-2527). Indicate on the request if you want the transcript sent immediately or if you want the Registrar to wait until the semester is completed. Your request must also include:
- Signature. Transcripts CANNOT be sent without your signature.
- Social security number or NetID
- Birth date
- Dates of attendance at Creighton University
- Your daytime phone number
- Name and address of school to whom transcripts should be sent
NOTE: There is no charge for sending transcripts from Creighton nor is there a limit as to how many transcripts may be sent.
4. Residence Hall Cancellation
- If you are leaving during the semester or between fall and spring semesters and you live in a residence hall, you must notify the Housing Assignments Office, Swanson Hall #139, (280-3016) regarding your departure. In addition, you must complete a “room check” with the Resident Advisor, Assistant Resident Director or the Resident Director just prior to departure. You must turn in your keys and complete a form requesting refund of your damage deposit which, if there is no room damage, will be mailed to you at the forwarding address that you provide.
- If you are a freshman living on campus and not returning for your sophomore year, you must notify the Housing Assignments Office, Swanson Hall #139, (280-3016) that you will not be reserving a room for the following year.
5. Leave of Absence
- You are eligible for a “Leave of Absence” if you have a GPA of at least 2.0, have completed at least one semester at Creighton and you will NOT be attending classes at another school during your leave.
- To file for an official “Leave of Absence” you must complete the application form in the Dean’s Office.
- While on a “Leave of Absence”, the Dean’s Office will send you registration materials for each of the next two semesters. After contacting your advisor to obtain your PIN number, you will be able to register on-line as if you had never left!
If you have any questions about the transfer process or about returning to Creighton in the future, please contact:
Assistant Vice President for Student Retention
Harper Center - Suite 4066