What to Bring
Click HERE to find out what to bring!
Directions & Map
Residence Hall Move-In Information
Sweating . . . Straining . . . Hauling . . . Boxes & boxes . . .
Endless flights of stairs . . . Hot . . . Humid . . . Exhausting . . .
If this is what you picture for "Move-In Day" at Creighton... THINK AGAIN!!
When you pull your car, truck or trailer up to a Creighton Residence Hall, an army of bright-shirted Welcome Week Leaders will unload everything from your car and carry everything up to your room. What would normally be a tiresome, heavy, time-consuming job is handled in just a few minutes by spirited students who strive to make your Move-In experience and first impression of Creighton as enjoyable for you and your family as possible!
You should have received our Welcome Week electronic mailing with move-in information and a schedule of Saturday, Agusut 18th, in your Creighton e-mail account. For a copy of our electronic move-in mailing, please click here.
You can help Move-In go smoothly if you:
- ARRIVE EARLY!!!
- Pack items in boxes of a manageable size (something the average person can get his or her arms around).
- Label all boxes, appliances, and so forth with your full name and room number.
- Upon arrival at the residence hall, send your student to check-in at the lobby of the residence hall.
- Allow 1.5 hours to get from the back of the car line to the front door of the residence hall (this may tax your patience, so bring snacks and a book!)
- Proceed directly to the parking lot to park your vehicle once it has been unloaded (please see your Parking Information on the Move-In Info page).
- Direct questions to staff (identifiable by name tags), who will be stationed at the residence halls as well as at the Information Booths. They will be available to answer any questions and provide any assistance you may need.
- BE SURE a licensed driver stays with the vehicle at ALL times while moving in! Any unattended vehicles will be towed.
Welcome Week Leaders will be available to assist you with getting your belongings from the car to your room from 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM on Saturday, so please GET IN LINE NO LATER THAN 11:00 AM to guarantee help from our leaders.
**If you are moving in on Friday evening, move-in begins at 6pm and runs until 9pm! (Only if previously instructed to move on this day)
Need to stock up on supplies, snacks, or room decorations? There are several local stores to choose from:
Target - 72nd & Dodge St
Walmart - 72nd & Pacific St
Bed, Bath and Beyond - 72nd & Pacific St
Best Buy - 75th & Dodge St
Bakers (grocery) - Leavenworth & Saddle Creek
No-Frills (grocery) - Just south of the intersection of Cuming St & Saddle Creek
Nebraska Furniture Mart - On 72nd between Dodge St & Pacific St