OK, first we need to make a clear disclaimer. Since CSU funds come from student fees, we primarily reserve our funding for student events. However, we do recognize that there are some situations in which CSU funding might be appropriate for events planned by non-student organizations that help to provide diverse programming and enhance the extra-curricular lives of Creighton students.
With that said, here is the process for your group to request CSU funding:
1) Read through CSU Funding Policies & Procedures to become familiar with our process and stipulations not listed on the website so that nothing takes you by surprise.
2) Submit a Funding Request Form. This form, complete with signatures and any necessary supplemental materials, needs to be turned in no later than 15 university business days before expenses are to be incurred. It must be submitted through CU Involved. As a non-student organization, you may only submit a request for a single activity, and must attach a cover letter explaining why you are requesting CSU funds. This letter should be attached to your CU Involved submission.
3) Meet with the Appropriations Committee. Once CSU's vice president for finance has reviewed your request, you will be invited to attend a meeting of the Appropriations Committee to discuss your request and clarify details which will help them make a decision.
4) Receive notice of allocation. Once the Appropriations Committee has decided whether and how much to fund your event, and the allocation has received approval by both the Board of Representatives and the president, you will be informed of the allocation. CSU will fund you up to the allocated amount. Since you will be receiving CSU funding, make sure that you include our logo on all publicity for your event!
5) Hold your event! Keep in mind that CSU will not fund assets, non-student expenses, alcohol, gift cards, donations, and a few other items. But you already know that, since you've read through our Policies & Procedures.
6) Submit an Activity Report Form. Following the event, submit this form to CSU, which details your actual revenue and expenses for the activity. In order to justify funding your organization when it comes time for our audit, we require that you submit original, itemized receipts for everything you purchased for the event, whether or not you are asking CSU to fund the particular item. This report must be submitted on CU Involved within 15 university business days following your event.
7) Receive reimbursement! Within 3 weeks, the CSU funding will be transferred into your organization's account. CSU will cover your expenses up to the amount allocated.
If you would like to set up a meeting with the vice president for finance, or email a few questions for clarification, feel free to do so-we want to make this process as simple for you as possible. You can reach me at email@example.com.
Also, don't forget to check out our Helpful Forms page for both worksheets and examples of account logs, budgets, and reconciliations!
Vice President for Finance
Creighton Students Union