CSU dedicates up to 7.5% of the student fees we receive each year to the support of sports clubs. To apply for these funds, simply follow this process:
1) Read through our Policies & Procedures to become familiar with our process and stipulations not listed on the website so that nothing takes you by surprise.
2) Complete a Funding Request Form. This form, complete with signatures and any supplemental materials, need to be submitted to the vice president for finance. You may submit a request for funding for an annual budget or semester budget. If you are just filling out the request for a single activity, the procedures for undergraduate organizations will be followed.
3) Meet with the Appropriations Committee. Once CSU's vice president for finance has reviewed your request, you will be invited to attend a meeting of the Appropriations Committee to discuss your request and clarify details which will help them make a decision. The Appropriations Committee will also seek the input of the Assistant Director for Campus Recreation when reviewing your budget.
4) Receive notice of allocation. Once the Appropriations Committee has decided the amount of money to allocate to your event(s), and the allocation has received approval by both the Board of Representatives and the president, you will be informed of the allocation. CSU will fund you up to the allocated amount.
5) Receive CSU funding. Within 3 weeks, your CSU funding allocation for a semester will be transferred into your account.
6) Hold your events! Keep in mind that CSU will not fund assets, non student expenses, alcohol, gift cards, donations, and a few other items. There are a few exceptions to this, but you already know that, since you've read through our Policies & Procedures.
7) Submit your End of Semester Report. This report is due by the first Friday of December for the fall and the last Friday in April for the spring. The report must be submitted through CU Involved. All original, itemized receipts for all expenses incurred over the semester, regardless of how they were funded should be turned into the Student Activities Office, Attn Vice President for Finance.
8) Settle up. All of your CSU funding needs to be accounted for at the end of each semester. Any unspent/unaccounted for funds from fall semester will be subtracted from your spring allocation; any unspent/unaccounted for funds from spring semester will be swept from your account.
We have tried to make this process as simple for you as possible. If you have any questions or would like to set up a meeting to discuss this process, feel free to email me anytime at email@example.com.
Also, don't forget to check out our Helpful Forms page for both worksheets and examples of account logs, budgets, and reconciliations!
Vice President for Finance
Creighton Students Union