Undergraduate Student Organization Funding
Interested in applying for CSU funding for your undergraduate student organization? Let's walk through the process!
We are excited to bring you a new, simpler funding process! A few things to note:
- Your group can now apply for funds on an annual, semester, or event-by-event basis
- Either the group OR the activity must be open to all students (though Social Greek organizations cannot receive funding)
- Activity Reports are due 15 business days after each event
- Your organization may request upfront funding, at the discretion of the vice president for finance and the Appropriations Committee
- We will fund your expenses up to the amount allocated; revenue is no longer factored in
- We will take your current cash balance into account
1) Read through CSU Funding Policies & Procedures to become familiar with our process and stipulations not listed on the website so that nothing takes you by surprise.
2) Submit a Funding Request Form. This form must be submitted through CU Involved no later than 15 university business days before expenses are to be incurred. This form allows you to submit an annual budget, semester budget, or to request funding for a single activity.
3) Meet with the Appropriations Committee. Once CSU's vice president for finance has reviewed your request, you will be invited to attend a meeting of the Appropriations Committee to discuss your request and clarify details which will help them make a decision.
4) Receive notice of allocation. Once the Appropriations Committee has decided the amount of money to allocate to your event(s), and the allocation has received approval by both the Board of Representatives and the president, you will be informed of the allocation. CSU will fund you up to the allocated amount. Since you will be receiving CSU funding, make sure that you include our logo on all publicity for your event!
5) Hold your event! Keep in mind that CSU will not fund assets, non-student expenses, alcohol, gift cards, donations, and a few other items. But you already know that, since you've read through our Policies & Procedures.
6) Submit an Activity Report Form. Following each event for which you received CSU funding, submit this form to CSU, which details your actual revenue and expenses for the activity. In order to justify funding your organization when it comes time for our audit, we require that you submit original, itemized receipts for everything you purchased for the event, whether or not you are asking CSU to fund the particular item. The receipts should be turned into the Student Activities Office, attn Vice President for Finance. Please submit the report within 15 university business days following your event through CU Involved.
7) Receive reimbursement! Within 3 weeks, the CSU funding will be transferred into your organization's account. CSU will cover your expenses up to the amount allocated.
-This process is pretty simple and definitely worth the money your club could receive. If you have any questions or would like to set up a meeting, feel free to email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org - I'd love to hear from you!
Also, don't forget to check out our Helpful Forms page for both worksheets and examples of account logs, budgets, and reconciliations!
Vice President for Finance
Creighton Students Union