Apply to be on a 2014-2015 University Committee! The application is available through CU Involved.
(Listed by name and type, followed by each committee's purpose)
Americans with Disabilities Act Committee (Presidential)
The number of students, faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities is increasing and this upward trend is expected to continue. This trend has increased the need for the Committee and the University to provide improved and increased services to people with disabilities on campus. Students who have an interest and passion in learning and assisting people with disabilities will gain knowledge and understanding of technology accommodations, legal issues, building access issues and other physical barriers, and learning/mental disabilities.
Campus Planning Committee (Presidential)
1. To review at least annually the current master plan of the University with the official Campus Planner and formulate updated plans based upon the changing reality of faculty, staff, and student needs and the resulting demands for additional office, parking, and recreation space.
2. To relate facility usage and campus development to the priorities of academic planning.
3. To plan for the most economical use of capital resources as they become available for physical improvements.
4. To assure that the placement of facilities is aesthetically pleasing and functionally efficient.
5. To review specific proposals for new facilities or major additions to or renovations of any of the University's facilities as proposed from time to time to the Chair of the Campus Planning Committee, such proposals, if approved, to be referred to the President for final decision.
6. To serve as individuals on such subcommittees as are appointed by the Chair for planning specific improvements.
Financial Advisory Committee (Presidential)
1. The committee shall assist the President in reviewing the annual financial expenditures of the University, particularly as these expenditures touch on the academic programs of the various Schools and Colleges. While the total budget and capital expenditures of the University are the responsibility of the President and the financial officers, under the Board of Directors, it is the function of this committee to offer information, suggestions, views, and comments on policy, which will ensure input from the academic community into the annual budget expenditures.
2. The committee shall offer to the President, at least once a year, suggestions leading to additional sources of income as well as increases in the regular sources of income to the University.
University Athletic Board (Presidential)
1. The University Athletic Board is responsible for formulating and recommending policy relating to intercollegiate athletics.
2. The University Athletic Board will serve in an advisory capacity to the President through the Vice President for Student Services.
University Committee on Lectures, Films, and Concerts (Presidential)
The primary purpose of this committee is to plan and coordinate a program of lectures, films, and concerts for the cultural enrichment of the University community. Additionally, the committee, in cooperation with designated members of the University, implements the guest speaker policies stated in the Student Handbook and Guide to Policies of Creighton University.
University Committee on Public Honors and Events (Presidential)
1. The Committee on Public Honors and Events shall advise the President concerning major public all-University events, both academic and non-academic.
2. It shall recommend to the President all recipients of special citations and achievement awards.
3. It shall recommend to the President names of appropriate speakers for these special occasions.
4. It shall recommend to the President all recipients of honorary degrees in accord with criteria and procedures established by the University.
University Committee on Student Discipline (Presidential)
The purpose of this committee shall be to conduct hearings on alleged infractions of University rules and to recommend sanctions for individual or group violations after all procedural safeguards as outlined in the Student Handbook are observed.
University Committee on Student Life Policy (Presidential)
The Committee on Student Life Policy shall be responsible for formulating policy as it relates to all aspects of student life not otherwise delegated. It serves in an advisory capacity to the President through the office of Vice President for Student Services on all-University regulations as specified in the Student Handbook and makes terminal decisions on all other matters of student life policy.
University Committee on the Status of Women (Presidential)
The University Committee on the Status of Women shall assure that equal consideration be given to women in all phases of University operation, and shall create an environment equally supportive of achievement by both men and women. It shall endeavor to ensure full participation and encouragement of contributions from women in pursuing the overall goals of the University.
Kiewit Fitness Center Advisory Board (Advisory)
To advise the Kiewit Fitness Center
Reinert Alumni Memorial Library Advisory Board (Advisory)
To advise the Reinert Alumni Memorial Library
Skutt Student Center Advisory Board (Advisory)
To advise the Skutt and Harper Centers
Student Health Advisory Board (Advisory)
To advise Student Health
Public Safety Advisory Board (Advisory)
To advise Public Safety (and provide insight to Transportation)
Lieben Center for Women (Advisory)
To advise the Lieben Center for Women