- Tornado Drill Update
- Tornado Awareness - Being Prepared!
- CUAlert Testing on Dec 2
- Tornado Preparedness Drill Set for April 8
- CUAlert Notifies Campus of Closings
- Test Successful; CUAlert Announces Snow Closings
- CUAlert Testing on Nov. 6
- EBS Participants - Important Information
- Emergency Broadcast System - Update
CUAlert Notifies Campus of Closings
The University continues to use the CUAlert emergency notification system successfully. In February 2009, the system was used to alert the Creighton University community to a weather-related early dismissal as well as a late start due to a downtown Omaha power outage.
"We still have about 50 percent of our students as well as 50 percent of our faculty and staff who have not logged into CUAlert to provide additional contact information," said Bryan McLaughlin, Information Security Office. "The process only takes a few minutes," he added.
Having multiple channels for contacting individuals increases the likelihood of receipt of the information no matter when the Creighton community member might be located.
To signup for CUAlert log in at http://www.creighton.edu/cualert/.