It is that time of the year when nighttime descends earlier and earlier each day. The University Crisis Committee reminds students, faculty and staff to be aware of surroundings and be cautious when walking to and from campus for sporting events, studying or working late.
Here are some simple tips to follow:
- Do not walk alone on campus at night.
- Use the University’s shuttle services where possible. A complete schedule is available at http://www.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/AdminFinance/ShuttleServices/docs/ShuttleWeb.pdf.
- If you are working or studying late at night and would like someone to accompany you to your car, call ext. 2104 and a Public Safety officer will escort you. This may take a few minutes but it will be worth the wait.
- Emergency phones (blue lights at strategic places across campus) are available if you need them. Know their locations. Push the button and Public Safety will be immediately notified.
- Don't take shortcuts through alleys or vacant lots.
- If you feel that you are being followed, stay in a lighted area and seek safety in a public building.
Be safe and check out http://www.creighton.edu/adminfinance/publicsafety/personalsafety/index.php for some more tips.