Expectations of the Student
We Want our students in our program to...
- Match our time and effort
- Want to go to college
- Want to apply for the Gates Millennium Scholarship
- Be eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Be open to receiving additional support and feedback
- Be serious about their participation and stay on track with their assignments
- Be committed to working on the application on their own time in addition to the workshops
- Be committed to finishing the application and submit it before the deadline
Who is eligble?
You are eligible if you are...
- African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- Citizens, nationals, or legal permanent residents of the United States
- Have a cumulative 3.3 GPA on an unweighted 4.0 scale or earned a GED
- Entering college as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a federal Pell Grant
- Have demonstrated leadership skills through community service, extracurricular, and other activities