UNLIKE CIRCUMSTANCES DOCUMENTATION FORM
To be completed by the Principal Investigator:
1. Enter project name.
2. Enter fund number if known.
3. Enter the description of the cost(s) and account code(s) creating the unlike circumstances treatment.
4. Check the box for the unlike circumstance that applies.
5. Indicate whether or not the cost(s) is(are) budgeted separately in the proposal.
6. Indicate whether or not the amount budgeted in the proposal is a realistic estimate of the cost or percent of
7. Provide an explanation of why the cost(s) is(are) necessary for the project.
8. Sign and date the form.
To be completed by Grants Administration:
1. Indicate whether or not the sponsor has approved the specific cost(s) in the award.
2. If the unlike circumstance documentation is required due to rebudgeting, indicate whether the rebudgeting
approval was received prior to incurring the cost.
3. Sign and date the form.
To be completed by Controller's Office:
1. If approved, enter fund number.
2. Sign and date the form.