Vice President for Finance > Shared Services > Accounts Payable > Expense Reimbursement > How to Get Reimbursed
How to Get Reimbursed
- An individual incurs expenses while on University business and submits the receipts for reimbursement to the preparer or prepares a Travel Reimbursement Request (TER) Form.
- The preparer completes the TER and tapes each required original receipt to a separate sheet. The traveler/reimbursee signs the TER. Then the required documentation is attached and the preparer submits it to the appropriate approver.
- The approver reviews the TER for:
- business purpose,
- accounting allocation,
- and receipts to make sure that everything is correct and in compliance with University policy,
- then authorizes it for payment by signing and sends TER and required receipts (see Documentation requirments) to Accounting Services for processing.
- Accounting Services audits the expenses against policy requirements and tax regulations. Once the request passes this audit, payment will be processed and sent to the traveler/reimbursee.