CU Per Diem 2012/2013
The University uses the High-Low method to determine how much our travelers receive for meals and incidentals when traveling on University business.
The current Meals & Incidentals rate is $52 per full day of travel unless listed on the High Localities list. The current High Localities rate is $65 per full day.
Foreign CU Per Diem 2012/2013
The foreign per diem information was updated January 1, 2012 and will be in effect until replaced. Please check back here each time you travel to make sure you are using the current rate.
More About Per Diems
- The rate includes Incidentals. These are:
- Laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing of clothing
- Fees and tips for persons who provide services, such as fees and tips given to porters, baggage carriers, bellhops, hotel maids, stewards or stewardesses and others on ships, and hotel servants in foreign countries; transportation between places of lodging or business and places where meals are taken.
- Use either per diem amount or actual expenses for a trip, mixing the two for a trip is not allowed. It is up to each department whether to allow per diem or require the employee to submit actual expenses.
- If an employee is approved to use per diem, they may not submit additional expenses for meals or incidentals. i.e. An employee goes on a business trip and submits per diem meals & incidentals. They also pay for a business meal for themselves and two other non-Creighton employees. The employee must deduct their meal and tip costs from the expense before submitting it for reimbursement.