Business Service Center
Orders for companies and individuals are entered and processed in CUBuyplus, the online e-procurement system for the University. CUBuyplus users need to attend a browser training class in order to initiate online orders.
- The department enters an order into CUBuyplus and reassigns the order to a Business Service Center specialist for processing.
- The BSC Specialist reviews the request and submits the requisition to be routed for approval. The approval queues are established based on the accounting (fund-org) of the department, and the dollar amount of the purchase.
- Once the order has been reviewed and approved, the request is submitted electronically, and a Purchase Order number is assigned.
- When an invoice is received, Accounts Payable matches it to the PO in CUBuyplus. Once the items have been electronically received by the department, the invoice is processed for payment. Payment detail can be viewed in Banner.
- Payment may be made by check or ACH - electronic funds transfer.
On some occasions, a Direct Pay Request can be used to reimburse individuals for over payments, refunds, stipends, etc. A DPR is no longer used to pay companies or individuals for products or services provided by Creighton University.
- The department completes a Direct Pay Request Form (DPR) and submits it to Accounts Payable with the appropriate description of payment request, approval signatures, and accounting information.
- Accounts Payable will process the DPR, schedule the payment, and issue a check.
To reimburse individuals for out-of-pocket expenses.
Complete a Travel & Business Expense (TER) form to obtain reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses. See Business Expense Reimbursement information.
Pcard/University Credit Card
To quickly pay vendors for small dollar purchases or to use when traveling. A card may be issued to an individual or a department.
- For Small Purchases, this is the preferred method of payment. The department will order the goods or services and give the vendor their credit card number for payment.
- The credit card is paid when the Credit Card Disbursement Form is completed and sent to Accounting Services. See Pcard/Credit Card for more information.
Other Ways to Make a Payment (not currently processed by Accounts Payable)
For Small dollar (under $50) reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses. You MUST have original recepts. For more information, see Petty Cash Policy (GNPL 02)
This may be an option for your department if you have a lot of small dollar (under $250) routine payments. It requires special permission and training to use this option. Please contact Leisha Moxness in Accounting Services if you have any questions.
There are several ways to get a payment processed through Accounts Payable.