Fixed Asset FAQ
How do I Dispose or Move a fixed asset?
If you determine that a tagged asset is to be disposed
- Call Purchasing department at 280-2712
- Contact Facilities Management on their website by completing the Service Request Form.
- Complete an Asset Disposal/Move Form and forward to Accounting Services.
If you are moving the asset to another room or department, complete an Asset Disposal/Move Form and forward to Accounting Services.
How do I request a list of my fixed assets?
Contact Susan Hunter
How do I complete the Asset Locator Form?
When your department purchases equipment valued at $5000 or more, we need to tag the equipment. We will send you a barcode tag and an Asset Locator Form.
- Affix the tag to the equipment where it will be easy to scan but not interfere with the equipment.
- Verify the room and building and fill in any missing information of the Asset Locator form, including serial number.
- Sign & Date the form
- Send it back to Accounting Services
We are using our old equipment to trade-in for new equipment. Do we need to let Accounting Services know?
Yes. It is important to complete an Asset Disposal/Move Form for the equipment that is being used as a trade-in.
Where is the best place on the equipment to place the tag?
Preferably the front of the equipment where it can be easily scanned during inventory.