Accounting Services has several roles to fulfill in order to accomplish its mission. These include:
- Safeguarding the University's assets through the implementation and use of an effective system of internal controls.
- Processing journal vouchers for the University.
- Providing meaningful reporting and analysis of financial data on a timely basis.
- Developing teamwork among other departments and Accounting Services to address and resolve financial accounting and business issues.
- Supporting and advising departments in their efforts to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Educating University and Accounting Services personnel regarding accounting policies, procedures, and, as applicable, technical issues, including proper usage of the accounting distribution.
- Striving for a balance between departments' needs and Accounting Services responsibility to encourage and promote fiscal responsibility.
- Overseeing the use and maintenance of the University-wide accounting system.
- Maintaining a positive, productive work environment that fosters good morale and positive self-images.