Money Management Resources
- The True Cost of Credit Cards - Credit cards make buying things easy, but at a significant cost.
- 12 Money-Management Tips for College Students - Here are tips to help you make it through the year.
- How Not to Get Hooked by a Phishing Scam - Internet fraudsters send spam or pop-up messages to lure personal information from unsuspecting victims.
- Investment Advisers - What you need to know before you choose one.
- Should I Save or Pay Down Debt - Financial goals should include both personal savings and debt repayment, but which should take precedence?
- Identity Theft - Identity Thieves have a bag of tricks. How to avoid letting predators take advantage of you.
- Checkbook Balancing Tool - Learning how to balance your checkbook. Balancing it every month is one of the best money management habits you can develop and keep.
- New Rule on Overdraft Fees - Your bank wonít cover overdrafts anymore without your permission. Essentially, the bank will deny your transaction. If you ďopt in.Ē the bank will charge you fees to cover the transaction. What to do?
- Doís and Doníts for Establishing or Rebuilding Credit - There is a right way and a wrong way to build a positive credit record.
- Track Your Money, Be Frugal, Use Caution, Get a Money Calendar - are just some of the money management tips to help you get a handle on this money stuff.
- 15 times when you shouldn't use your credit card - There are plenty of reasons to use a credit card -- convenience, accountability and safety among them -- but when is it better just to step away from the swiper?
- 7 Biggest Money Mistakes - College Grads Make Whether itís taking on too much debt or not enough, this yearís graduates are navigating a financial minefield.
- Oprah's Debt Diet Action Plan America - it is time to get rid of your debt! Financial experts David Bach, Jean Chatzky and Glinda Bridgforth offer their step-by-step action plan to help set you on the path to financial freedom.
- Opt Out of Credit Card Offers - Tired of your mail box filling up with credit card offers? Opt out now.
- Take the pledge! Are you ready to accept financial responsibility? After you take the pledge, check out 29 additional personal finance tips.
The Scholarship Coach: Donít fall for the 5 College Scholarship Scams