Your Loan History

Your Loan History


1. Where can I find a list of student loans that I borrowed while attending Creighton?

Currently enrolled students can access the types and amounts of student loans they borrowed for each academic year by going to your NEST web site. Follow the Financial Aid links to "Award" then "Award History".

Former students: Because there are so many different types of student loans, there is no one site that will tell you everything you need to know. Here are some additional resources.

  • - The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)will give you information on the following Federal loans: Perkins, Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized, Stafford Subsidized or Unsubsidized, Grad PLUS (Direct or FELP), and Parent PLUS (Direct or FELP).
  • - The Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI) will give you information on Federal Nursing and Perkins Loans, Health Profession Student Loans and Primary Care loans.
  • If you are not sure who your alternative student loan provider is, contact the Creighton Financial Aid Office at 402-280-2731 or

2. What is the difference between Direct and FELP/Stafford?

Beginning the 2010-2011 academic year, Congress changed the bank based Federal Education Loan Program (FELP) to the Direct Loan program (DL). Prior to 2010, student loans were disbursed by lenders or credit unions. Student loans are now disbursed directly by the federal government and then serviced by U.S. Department contracted servicers when the loan enters repayment. Servicer contact information may be found on the NSLDS website.


3. What about student loans that I took out while attending another school?

Federal student loans will be listed on the NSLDS website. Private or alternative loans will not be listed, so you may have to contact the school you attended.