Contact the Global Engagement Office (GEO) for assistance.
On campus Employment
International Students are allowed to on campus up to 20 hours a week when school is in session and full time during breaks.
Students do no need special permission to work on campus. However they will need to apply for a Social Security Number. Procedures for applying for a Social Security Number can be found here.
More information on on campus job opportunities can be found here:
International students are eligible to work for student worker positions and NOT eligible for Work Study in which students are partially paid by the Federal Government.
OFF CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS
International students are not allowed to work off campus without permission. Students who have been in the U.S. in F-1 visa status for one academic year may be eligible work off campus if they qualify.
Two main types of off campus work options are:
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) (permission to work as an intern while they are pursuing their studies)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) (can be during their studies or after completion of their program of studies)
Please contact the Coordinator of ISSS for more information.
STEM OPT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Guidelines for the application process can be viewed at: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/stem-opt-hub
The form and instructions can be found at: I-765
The list of items you need with your application are:
1. Completed Training plan by student and employer click here
2. Completed I-756 form
3. Copy of Degree or transcripts stated major and degree level
4. Copy of I-20 with DSO’s recommendation for OPT
5. 2 colored photos
6. Copy of current OPT EAD card
7. Application fee of $380 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
8. Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application Acceptance found here.
1. Contact the Coordinator of ISSS requesting to apply for STEM OPT
2. Mail the original Training Plan to the Global Engagement Office (GEO, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178)
3. Email a copy of the Training Plan and completed I-765 to GEOStudents@creighton.edu
4. Coordinator will review the documents and issue the new I-20 for the OPT STEM Extension and GEO will mail to the student
5. Student will sign I-20 (in blue ink). Make two copies, when to send to GEO for the file and one to go with the STEM Extension application
6. Student will mail the complete packet to USCIS. Address to mail application:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
PO Box 21281
For Express mail and courier deliveries:
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
When mailing the application by USPS we recommend to use certified or registered mail for confirmation of delivery.
7. Student is responsible to sumit any changes in their address or employment information to GEO within 10 days of the change. They can use the OPT Data Form which can be found here.
8. Students must follow through with the one year and two year evaluation