Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What employment is available to international students?

    International students are permitted to work on campus as part-time employees. Common places of campus employment include the Bookstore, Food Service, Library, Catering Services, Skutt Student Center and Computer Laboratories.

  2. How can international students find out about employment opportunities on campus?

    An "Employment Fair" for international students is held during orientation. In addition, you can contact the Student Employment Office on campus at 402-280-2457. The office is located on the second floor of the Harper Center, Suite 2054. You can also review campus job openings at the Student Employment website.

  3. How much can I reasonably expect to earn through a part-time job on campus?

    Obviously, that depends on how many hours you work per week. International students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week but most students choose to work 10-15 hours per week. Working any more than this can negatively impact your academic success. The average wage for campus employment is $6.50 per hour.

  4. Is there any financial aid available to international students?

    Creighton University offers Ricci merit scholarships to international students. These scholarships will be awarded to first-year freshmen based on past academic success. Recipients will be notified in early summer.
  5. Can international students qualify for federally funded financial aid (i.e. aid from the U.S. government?)


  6. Are international students required to live in a campus residence hall?

    All freshmen and sophomores are required to live on campus unless they are over age 23.