- The Committee will serve to plan programs and events for graduate students aiming to provide a sense of community and ensure that all aspects of graduate student life are addressed by Creighton’s faculty, administration, and staff.
- As an organization within Creighton University, the Committee remains committed to fostering a sense of community rooted in the Jesuit ideals.
- The Student Life Committee aims to serve Graduate students in both their informal and formal pursuits through the duration of their enrollment in the Creighton University Graduate School.
Chair: Marsha Pierce, Biomedical Sciences
Members: John Lehman, Biomedical Sciences
Isha Dewan, Biomedical Sciences
Heidi Horstman, Pharmaceutical Science
Katie Langenfeld, Medical Microbiology & Immunology
- Introduction to Self Defense Courses on February 28th, 2013 in Harper 3028 at 12pm and on March 2nd in Skutt 104 at 11am. Surveys demonstrated an interest in continuting with the Self Defense course, so we will begin offering a regular course. The next course will be offered in June.
- Promote sustainable commuting. Facilities management has purchased new bike racks to encourage sustainable commuting.
- Promote healthy living, we have received three plots in the Ignatian Gardens. The gardening season runs from April-October, and provides the opportunity for networking.
- Promote active living by participating in the Glow Run 5K in conjunction with the service committee.
- To promote active living, we are organizing a dance night for summer 2013.
- Address topics encouraging work-life balance.