- The Committee will serve to plan programs and events for graduate students aiming to provide a sense of community and ensure that all aspects of graduate student life are addressed by Creighton’s faculty, administration, and staff.
- As an organization within Creighton University, the Committee remains committed to fostering a sense of community rooted in the Jesuit ideals.
- The Student Life Committee aims to serve Graduate students in both their informal and formal pursuits through the duration of their enrollment in the Creighton University Graduate School.
Chair: Marsha Pierce, Biomedical Sciences
Members: John Lehman, Biomedical Sciences
Isha Dewan, Biomedical Sciences
Katie Langenfeld, Medical Microbiology & Immunology
- Introduction to Self Defense Courses were offered in February, March, June, September, October and November, with ~120 people attending the course.
- Promote sustainable commuting. Facilities management has purchased new bike racks to encourage sustainable commuting.
- Promote healthy living, we organized a group of gardeners that maintained three plots in the Ignatian Gardens. The gardening season ran from April-October, and provides the opportunity for networking.
- Promote active living by organizing that participated in the Glow Run 5K.
- To promote active living, we organized two Jitterbug's dance nights, in August and November.
- Address topics encouraging work-life balance.